Saturday, January 18, 2014

Advice to me…from me….and from…another

Should I worry about phone minutes

Ok….so everyone warned me….get another phone when you hit the ground and a  sim card.  Did I listen? Well….Ok…. so I go to the point where I
Saving my life…worth the additional cash…
ummm…..YES! Jennifer!
realized I would just have to buy more minutes. So I am looking at the packages, and think ok I will get the 30 min one. So 30 min of talk available. But then I think….what if I get trapped in a building that crumbles because of an earthquake. Once 30 min is up…it will then be….expensive….and Jennifer? What? You not willing to pay 5 bucks a minute to  get the fuck out of rubble?!!!!! Yeah….Lets not worry about that one.

A woman in film was …ummm….not helpful

Ok. So I am at this workshop all day for documentary film makers, and we have these amazing women who have made incredible award winning documentaries. And they are up on stage….telling us their wise things…which are for the most part ….wise. And at the end of each session we get to ask questions. So…here is my chance….to get as much as I can from this gig. Well…in one session….these women had filmed people. Followed people. Trying to capture the real things these people did, felt and said. So I asked….How do you start with these characters?….To help them feel at ease…so they film real? Any tips? Not a bad question…right? I asked bc I realize I will be with people for very short periods of time and need to do all I can to get them to be true and comfortable on screen….FAST. Here is what I get….1) hair toss 2) “um…nothing. You just film.” Crowd murmurs and other stage wise people nod yes yes.

WOW. God. Thank you! That was…..so …..incredibly …..insightful….and helpful…..to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment