Friday, January 17, 2014

It's getting pretty ….. and then pretty ugly

Got to see a LEGEND!

Tonight is opening night for a weekend of workshops on filmmaking put on by Women in Film. Tonight the guest speaker was Joan Darling! The director/writer for the Mary Tyler Moore Show! (for those of you….well….younger than me….look up roles by Betty White….I know you all at least know who she is). This director was I believe…. the first female director….at least for comedy. How f'ing fantastic is that? It was incredible to listen to her talk about how she landed that role and what it was like to try to do her work in a totally male dominated field at the time….maybe still is???? Male dominated??? I dunno….out of my circle of understanding. Awesome evening!

Buying things and learning is hurting me

The new love of my life…better damn well be….cost me
….excuse me…gotta run back to bathroom
Ok. So…Finally pulled the trigger and bought the camera and lens. Have finished throwing up…Wiped vomit off edges of mouth…. then I bought a pack of rollos and more diet coke. …Don’t judge!.....It helps! ……it is important to fill your stomach back up after emptying it….I am sure. Now moving on to purchase other stuff. Yeah. Who needs money right?

Here is how it went down. ……After listening to a friends advice about checking out the cameras in hand (i.e. look at them in person)…..and then …..waiting an extra day to do this… and the price of the camera went up 300 bucks…:( yep unsmiley…..Amazon sucks! …….and then the place I parked happened to have a fire hydrant in front of it….Ok. I did think…hmmm. If I were a fire truck and wanted to put out a fire….I might think this would be a lovely place to park….If only Jennifer would drink wine all day instead of waiting until the evening….these ridiculous choices would not be as problematic! …..Probably…Ok. Yeah…probably would have placed the car on the actual stairs of the capital building instead…. But anyway…60 dollar ticket….Fuck!. …and guess what? …. the camera store only had one of the two options I was advised to check out. Yeah….sort of a bummer.

So I went home bought a camera! Canon Mark iii for those of you wondering. Which I am sure is maybe none of the four of you reading. Except….maybe that cat…who watches me type through the window while he pees on my bushes. I am like his newspaper. Boring….wouldn’t read otherwise…..but is something to do when…um…occupied. Thanks cat! Lets give a big hand to Cat…my biggest fan!!!

So now I had to pick memory cards. Well…seems straight forward….maybe this one will be easy? Of course fucking not! The damn camera has TWO slots for TWO different types of cards. Oh no….

All these…holes…just seems unnatural

What about a hard drive. Maybe that will be easy…NO! There are some that take firewire and some that take only USB. I have absolutely no idea which is best. None. Firewire plus USB is double price. Ok. Lets get that one.

Now for audio…which if you blow…you blow everything…according to all blogs…write-ups….reviews …you tubes…. Thanks. Everyone….for putting me at ease.

I think this wine is trying to tell me 
something.,..but what?????

I am now driving to the store to get more wine. Which I was trying to not have again until Friday. Yeah…got to Tuesday.


Back at home….reading about audio with wine even hurt….so I walked outside to spend a quiet moment with dogs….what happens.  MAN ON PCP RUNS PAST HOUSE SCREAMING. Yep…. This should be a good evening. I feel very confident about this documentary…production….alone….with no experience…thing…now. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment