Saturday, March 8, 2014

Fear and Beer

Tigers ……again!
Photo at crocodile breeding facility….just in case while there you forget….what is
peeking at you….through the mangroves…..NOW! (Photo: JLewis)
Nice dark thick jungle for a….TIGER to HIDE! 
(Photo: JLewis)

So
….. at the croc facility I mentioned a post or two ago…..Manish suggests we take this short hike down a nature trail.

He then tells me the people of this area have had some deadly attacks from the tigers…but the rangers always post signs here to warn you not to hike when there has been a recent attack.

Hmm
…..We walk a little more …..in silence….when I say…”Manish”…”Um…I wonder about this…..warning system. It seems to me….that if it has been a while since an attack…..that the tiger will be more likely to be ….ummmm…..hungry. What do you think?” ………We turned around and headed back to the boat.




I FOUND BEER IN BANGLADESH!
Super Strong Beer
(Photo: JLewis)
I had heard that while alcohol was illegal in Bangladesh….that some hotels would stock for foreign guests. Problem is….these would be ….umm…nice hotels. And I am budgeting. Anyway….could not hurt to ask. So I call room service. No mam…… we have no beer. This was followed by a knock at my door. They tell me thay can send someone out undercover to “get some” for a price. Hell yeah! So I give some cash and they bring back this stuff called….no joke…..Super Strong Beer. 12 percent alcohol content! I decide to read up on it…and I find this article:

Title of article: worse than heroin or cocaine
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Super-strong-beer-worse-than-heroin-or-crack/articleshow/16706032.cms
Nastiest stuff I have ever had. Kept drinking thinking maybe it will taste better the more I drink….NOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment