Sunday, March 16, 2014

Kathmandu part 2

Way more fun than a swipe card! (Photo: JLewis)
I get to Kathmandu by about noon and check in at a great place! First had super cool padlocks on doors! 

Ok I know what you are saying….in your heads…padlocks? 
But…wait…wait..!!! These are really cool padlocks!

And then the view!!! Could see the mountains over the city! Reaction was basically…..Hell yeah!!!
View over city of Kathmandu from hotel (Photo: JLewis)

Anyway, Shambu my other student shows up to tell me…ummm. Yeah…the stakeholder meeting we have been planning for tomorrow…..we will have this instead on Friday….even though….yes you are supposed to be in Pokhara on Friday…yeah….great place you are staying….too bad that you get to crash and then must leave for destination number….I have no idea…tomorrow at dawn now. Hmmm. Getting cheap plane tickets for departure in about 8 hours? Is this possible….Certainly! Let's go visit the Lama! (this is what they call the hotel manager/travel agent pro extrordonaire with super wizard magic powers)

Help is on the way! (Photo: JLewis)
Well….as our luck would have it….the …..um….Lama …has ….um….connections. And as a result he can change my ticket for Pokhara to tomorrow…AT NO COST! Yes….I am surprised also. But will not complain! 

So off to crash…after …some more Nepal beer! Thank you Nepal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment