Friday, April 11, 2014

And here comes Delhi Belly. Full Force.

Ok. So…obviously I was not let out and told to walk. Yipee number one. Totally exhausted, I pass out immediately. Need to get sleep because have to get up at 4 to catch next flight. But the world had something else in store for me. Delhi Belly. Finally! Been waiting for this the whole trip. About damn time!

So what is Delhi Belly like you might ask? Lets just say I have not been in that much pain and that sick….in …..many MANY years. Maybe not since childhood. Constant vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, fever and…Extreme pain! Sucks…totally.

I get online….in the bathroom …on whats app…..and send out an SOS to
My new home. Source: Wikipedia
my home buddies. Help. Which was not really a call for help. Because….I  mean really….WTF could they do? But just wanted someone to “sit with me”….while I lost some more weight.

One friend takes good care of me…..”Have you taken your temperature?”….No… “Do you have a thermometer?”…..maybe….yes…”Go get it and take your temperature”……But….I ….can’t move that far….it is at least five feet away from me….don’t you understand? …if I shift….at all….it will take me and ….kill me…..”Take your Temperature! “…:( ok.

Another friend …sends me the clip from dumb and dumber….the one with the toilet. Thanks! That was helpful. Really. Helpful. Thanks. :)

Now I am freaked. How the hell do I get the ability to leave bathroom floor, get in cab, fly to Patna and then ride in a car 8 hours? Yeh…I was thinking I could be in trouble here.


I finally passed out from exhaustion and when I woke up the DB somehow seemed to have changed to the point where I could almost time the waves. Waves of fun let us call them. So…I could get wave at hotel…..run  and grab cab to airport ….next wave at airport…..good to go for bit….wave in plane….wave in next airport…Yeh! This was going to work! I can make it! Except…..what about that 8 hour drive? Oh yeah. Hmmm. Ok. Mind over matter…mind over matter. I am magic and can force the little bits of whatever the hell is left in me to remain in me with positive thinking right? Well…what other options do I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment