Tuesday, April 15, 2014

And yes the night is still young

I finish making plans for some of the time I will be here with the Bhaglapur team of researchers, and they have now left for the evening. I now have a barrage of hotel staff coming and going from my room. “Mam….here is your beer.” (I know….I drank it even with DB….I am a tough MF…or a stupid MF) ….”Mam….do you need more towels?” ….”Mam….here is” …It is kinds funny because no one waits for me to open the door. I think I am the curiosity of the week.

Shout out to far away friend. 

Thank you for the lone. :) Photo: JLewis
So the door is just open and they are all coming and going…and one more comes in. And he points at my gear that I am pulling out to start prepping for the next day. Ok. I am stupid pooh bear again…and because NO ONE speaks English here I decide to draw stuff to the staff to help us communicate….for example… Glass of red wine (none to be had….bummer). Anyway for this guy…. Who seems to want to know what the gear is for…..I draw a dolphin…Ok. Great….Now what does he want? So….when did I start to wonder that there was a problem with this picture you might ask? Well……could be when he grabbed my hand to kiss it. Yes. That was definitely a sign that something was not right. So….I thought …what did I think? ….Ummm. Well…..based on the fact that he then immediately went to my door and closed it….I thought…shit…Once Again….I am about to die…Great! And all I want to do is sleep!
Hmmm. So I tried as nonchalantly as I could…to move to the door and motion him to leave. He went out…THANK GOD. I closed the door as fast as I could. No worries. I figured I could have taken him anyway. Thanks to shit nutrition when growing…he was shorter than me.

Later I had to go downstairs to get access to the nonexistent internet. And downstairs was ummmm ….my new friend…Great!….and he just stared and smiled…which was ….OK…it was f’ing creepy! I admit it! So…I started back up the stairs and ….he followed…still with creepy smile. Oh dear.


So I grab one of the waiters walking up the stairs and try to say….”get this guy away from me”…in a mime. No comprendeno. Shit. I then run into the manager of the restaurant for the hotel who THANK GOD…..is the only person here who does speak English and ….he understands….grabs the guy and yells at him for a bit  while….I get safely to my room. Really glad I have the one tiny slidy lock thing on my door. Yeah…that will keep me safe! Yep. Leathermen open to long knife….sitting next to me this eve. That….and my bucket for DB.

No comments:

Post a Comment