Friday, April 4, 2014

Do not worry….Jennifer has MUCH more to say.

Going with radio silence into Bihar

Still cannot connect with field team in Bihar. Argh! Have borrowed the hotel managers phone and tried to call them. No answer…no voicemail….great. Time to drink another beer.


Excuse me. Do you know where I can find a camel?

Found one! On way out of city (Photo: JLewis)
I decided to walk….where ever…with a slight goal of locating camels. Funny the reaction I got each time I would ask. I had heard I could find them just over the hill by the tree in the distance near the lake in the center of the city. Yep. I so totally understand those directions. So…. I looked. I actually did find the “lake” in the middle of the city…but no camels. 



Jodpur city market (Photo: JLewis)
No matter. Found some great spots to practice street filming! Which I don’t know why….but it is my favorite kind of filming so far! Trying to get the essence of what the heck is going on in that one spot. All the hustle and movement. It looks so cool on film! Also, when I just back into a wall and turn the camera on, people I at least think, pay less attention to me. And so I feel more comfortable to just film. I have an issue getting rattled when everyone starts to gather behind me to watch what I am capturing. Everyone is a director! EVERYONE!


These cartoon stairs…Are…funny..

Walked till I found place to eat. Found something that said café on outside of building with arrow pointing upstairs. I WISH I had photographed the stairs! They were ….no joke….about 1 foot tall each. So guess what floor this “café” was on? Of course!!! Top GD floor! Now recall my backpack with all film gear and laptop is always glued to my back.

I actually started to climb on hands and knees the last flight. I had to. I don’t care what shit I got on my hands. I could go no further. I literally crawled into the “café”. You can imagine the look on the poor three guys who ran it…not sure if surprised because I crawled in the door….or because no one else had been so stupid to crawl all the way up there for a meal so they were pretty much not expecting anyone….at all!

It was actually a pretty cool place. Cost was nothing. Maybe paid three US dollars. And had local food which was really good. In addition view was 
great. Right over the tops of all the blue houses.

Jodpur, India (Photo: JLewis)
So I sat there and ate lunch while watching the langur monkeys run back and forth across those rooftops. Not a bad lunch. And it came with some serious exercise so you leave with a negative deposit! Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment