Sunday, April 13, 2014

So maybe DB was the worst of your worries today? I know! Kinda funny huh?

Which car is mine? Oh dear. 

I made an online reservation for a car to drive me to Bhaglapur. They gave me the name of the driver and his cell number. This was to help me NOT get into the murderers cab. Which of course I appreciated.

I land in Patna….turn on phone. Guess what? ………This is where my use of my iphone goes to zero. No more contact…with anyone. Great!
Source: www.firstpost.com
So…I look outside…everyone is a cab driver. No one has a nice sign with my name on it. And while I do tend to be a bit naïve about things…I do see the logic in not walking up to each asking what his name is. What am I gonna do?


Hmm.. one office inside says airport manager. Lets go in there. Really lucky. Airport manager is super awesome, calls company and basically guides me to the cab.

And then we ride
Ok. So…. in cab….start to try and converse. I always do. I am ridiculously chatty. Most places people have spoken broken English….here…Nada. Not even the most basic. Ok. I will shut up then.

But what about the Delhi belly? Well, while my plan was mind over matter…I did realize this might not work out totally great…so I decided I needed to let the driver know there could be….issues …..along the way.  How can I get
Photo: JLewis
this across? Maybe if I mime it! Ok! So…I touch my stomach….before I can mime more, he puts his hand to his mouth miming to eat. I say NO!

Then I mime throwing up out the window. Next thing I know we get to a large circle and he calls out to someone to get in. Says the other guy speaks English….he gets out and LEAVES! Now I am with a new guy who states his name. And can speak no other English. So…the question is: 1. Was this because of my vomit mime? Or 2. Was I just shifted to the murder mafia take American prisoner cab driver? I dunno. I am so tired and exhausted…..I really don’t care. And what can I do anyway..I have no phone and I am stuck in here.

So…I say lets just go with it and move along with the adventure. I did, as is my usual….say out loud the facts “great….um…what is going on? ….ummm. Ok so obviously probably about to be killed….ok …thanks….good to know…ok. “ To hopefully undo the bad magic some because I have now taken away the element of surprise right? Exactly!…Of course not! But…well… try it sometime…it always helps to look at danger with comedy….I mean….if you are gonna die….don’t you want one more good laugh first?

So I decide to keep the stomach issues at bay I will sleep. This and forceful positive thinking…which basically was….stay inside me….stay inside me…butterflies…puffy white clouds….happy things…. Well…It worked!!! I did it! And lost it all the minute I got to the hotel. Amazing what your mind can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment