Monday, April 7, 2014

The power of Bill Murray in a land far far away

Market in Jodpur, India (Photo: JLewis)
So I am walking through the clock tower market in Jodhpur. Turns out this place is rather interesting. For some reason the people of this market have taken on the behavior of celebrity name dropping. I know! Weird. Get’s weirder. It is not just any celebrity. They want you to know that BILL MURRAY was here and that he bought scarves. Yep. He bought scarves. And by telling me this….I think that the implication is that these scarves are the best stuff in the world ….because…..of course ……Bill Murray…..is a major scarf expert….well of course he is! Of course!  …”Did you not know this? You are from America!”. …”Oh Please…....everybody knows that! We talk of it all the time….his scarf ……expertise….and such.”

This came from the guy who sold me tea and then took me to creepy basement to see textiles ….the guy next to the cow who I asked about where I could find camels…. the guy who sold me a padlock (a kickass padlock I have to say) ….AND …..the guy who tried to sell me a red onion.  They believe in your power here Bill Murray! Far and away in Rajasthan….amongst the textiles. (And red onions, camels and padlocks)

No comments:

Post a Comment