Sunday, April 13, 2014

Um…you know that road trip I just took?

So I get more stuff…out of my body….and am good to go to meet with the next research team who comes to my hotel. They ask me….um….”Where’s your team?” ……Team of what I ask? I should note here….if I have not already….that our ability to communicate since day one has been….limited to say the least.

Source: http://www.signalfire.org/?p=24828
So…I then say…"I am the team."……. They look at each other. They then ask how I got there…because I didn’t follow the plans they gave me…which were to take a train. I tell them…and ….they look at each other again. They then ask if by chance I ever read my countries state department website? Pshaw. Of course….I do…..(not ever). They then explain that a) Bihar is maybe one of the most dangerous places in India, b) no one rides on that road from here …and by the way how the heck did I get a driver to do that?  c) do I realize how dangerous that was alone….with no cell coverage? And d) you know how on the drive …..how we kept getting hit by those blasted rocks on the back of the car? The ones where the driver would look really fast behind us… ….and I was thinking….shit…damned rocks….woke me from my nap! …well.. let’s just say the area is controlled by heavy mafia presence….with guns…and rock like objects that go in guns. Eh! All I know is by the grace of God I did not vomit all over myself. Some things take precedence. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment