Tuesday, May 13, 2014

And the day goes on

I get to Patna. I have lots of extra time. Feel like crap still, but thinking I should not loose the chance to get more b roll. There is this tourist office in the airport so I go in there and ask if I could get an English speaking driver to take me around town for an hour or two. They get this guy who works in security. He does speak pretty good. They say 1500 for 2 hours. Hmmmm…kind of steep…but in two hours if it goes well….which by the way….always assume it f’ing won’t!…..I am saying this to me…not to you…..because I never listen and must be told things repeatedly….NEVER assume in a Jennifer story ….ow my stomach is killing me….sorry….never assume it will all go right. JENNIFER!!!

So…I hop in his personal car…..umm…..am I making a good choice here? Maybe another will in whatsapp would be a good idea…or just to let someone know how I died. For closure.

Of course…everyone has their own ideas about what would be great to film…like old statues and concrete buildings. I can explain till I am blue…but the only thing I have learned is NEVER BRING ANYONE ALONG!!! It always fucks up your shots. They want to direct….they have no idea how long it takes to get the camera in the right setting and to get the right framed shot….what works when people suddenly move into another position…NOTHING!..THEY UNDERSTAND NOTHING. AND THEY WILL DRIVE YOU TO KILL KITTENS!!!!

So…we finish and head back…and then the usual questions come in. Guess.. GO ahead…I am sure you can…So you married?….why not?….no kids?….why not?…..want to marry me? ….hmmm……I see….you are old enough to be my mom….let me consider this….yeah that is fine.
And then the unusual…..so can you give me money to build a school? And get me a job in America?

Ok. So far the answers are no….no….and no. An uncomfortable silence falls upon us. We are still not back. He asks if I will remember him….I am wondering if I will taste good when they boil me up to feed me to the local cows. I decide I should give an emphatic yes….if only he knew why.

You may be happy to know…or maybe unhappy to know….that I actually recorded some of the above on film. See below.   


No comments:

Post a Comment