Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Music for the film?


End of day was total surprise….and I got a gift I think of as gold. We went to visit an NGO that previously created a play to educate people about the plight of the dolphin and the river. After interviewing the head of the NGO, I asked if they could give a tiny bit of the performance. Because the light inside the house was bad (not enough) we went to the roof and they said they didn’t have room to perform but could sing a song they made for it. So here we were….last location of the whole long trip….on this roof…with the sun setting and people are out on their roofs and on the streets below doing evening activities….you can hear all this activity and also a train way off in the distance….and then this group of maybe 12 men and women begin to sing their song. I immediately could see in my head the footage I had collected as I listened to them sing. It was like magic. I was super sick from DB…in a shitty mood bc the day did not go how I planned…I was exhausted and wanting to get back to home base….and then this…totally unexpected….gift from the gods falls right into my lap. I simply could not believe it. I asked point blank….can I use it…got permission. It WILL be in the film.

NGO sings about conservation of river and river dolphin. Bhaglapur, India (Photo: JLewis)

No comments:

Post a Comment