Saturday, May 10, 2014

One more rickshaw….please.

So my Bhaglapur people suggested I take the bike rickshaw to the train station. The motorized ones here in this region are not used for onsies. They pack em! Just like a car of clowns….but ….no one is a clown. Ok...for those of you that want or desire political correctness…I know I shouldn’t assume. ….for the love of god…Some could be clowns. Anyway….


So I get one…and he sees my luggage and sees me load it. But I think everyone that sees me WAY under calculates the weight of my backpack. Smallish girl…backpack…how much could it possibly weigh? Have you met Jennifer the small pack horse? I have loved to see each man I have worked with at the point in the journey where for some reason they picked it up to hand it to me and they look on their faces as they realized they’d need both arms to get it to me. They all cannot believe I have been hauling that.

Photo: JLewis
So…rickshaw driver did the same. And this is where all my real luggage weight is. Poor guy…He starts off like we will whiz along…he immediately has to start stand biking. I felt so bad. People walking were passing us. But….wtf could I do now? I knew he didn’t speak English. And I had to get to the train station. I paid him four times the price asked.
 He still looked really bummed. I think he needed a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment