Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Have small children ever killed people?…Um….YEAH! Ask S. King!

Ok…so….back track to catch you up. I am in this cab in Mumbai….trying to get to my hotel. I have just finished being a shit American saying shit things about the people who moved my bags to the car. We (me and cab driver) are totally lost.  We have all the windows down and the driver eventually decides we should pull over and think about it some. Good idea! Lets take a rest! I am fine with this. Until……….”mam”….”mamm”…..”mammm”……hands through the window. THEY…. have spotted me.
Now…please do not misinterpret. I get the poverty. I am leaving this place with a goal to do as much as I possibly can to help at least the people I worked with and their children…but these kids….THEY ARE GD CREEPY!

I am looking at my phone (in a vain attempt to help navigate)…when they come over.  I without looking up….BC I DON’T WANT THEM TO SEE MY FEAR…..roll up the window next to me. They then move to the front window…I am in the back seat. And the voices get…creepier… and LOUDER….sort of like chanting….or hexing…Yeah…I definitely think it was something all wrong like that…

My feelings are simply….”Driver…start…the….car!”…”START…THE …CAR!!!” “PLEASE GOD…START THE CAR!!!!!!”

The driver starts (THANK GOD) and we meander some more…until I eventually get my iphone to dial an international number and the driver figures out where to go and all is good again.


We get to hotel and the bell man takes my bags to my room. Yes…we are back to the bags…being carried. Which ….is my issue…and what does he say when we get to the room? (and yes I tipped him…without hesitation…bc in hotels this is the gig…right?)…He says…."Merry Xmas". ………….He does NOT say f’ing America. :( I…….. suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment