Sunday, August 3, 2014

Footage with a side note of disease

Catching up? 
So…Now I am back to the states…..and…. I have all this footage. ALLLLLLLLL this footage. Yep. Ok ….now what?

First course of action. Let’s make transcribes of the interviews! How hard can that be? Side note: Did I ever mention my story about my “almost cancer”?

Ok…so I will deviate for just a minute. Each summer I tend to loose weight…thanks to …a ton of work and no time to put food in my mouth. Well, it happens again (no time to eat) and….I am touching my stomach….and….I FEEL A LUMP!…IN MY STOMACH!…Just above my belly button. SHIT! CANCER! I knew I’d get it eventually! 

Red pen and calculator for grading…Malbec
for ridiculous amounts of footage….
sad wooden table…courtesy of lab I am working 
for …for… tiny sums of money most likely 
reserved for female professors. Yep I said it! 
Go to doctor. He says to me: “Jennifer. That is your umbilicus….i.e., tissue which is part of your GD belly button” “available for you to feel…bc you have less fat to block it…now….this summer.” 

Oh. ….GOOD! I decide to start to cure this issue immediately by feasting on chocolate…bc …I mean shit. When you learn that YOU DON’T HAVE CANCER…shouldn’t you get to celebrate in a big way? Yeah! I think so!

Ok…..so…..back to lots of footage…six weeks times 4 plus hours a day…hmmm. Better go get some more wine. 

PSS. You know it might be a long night…looking at footage…when you pour yourself a glass and you decide…fuck it with putting the cork back in…this wine will be partaken again….yep in about five more minutes.


FCPX is ….my friend? (For non film people…….just google it)
So…yeah….all that footage…what to do with it now?
FCPX…Friend or foe? (JLewis)
Ok. Off to YOU TUBE! What do they say?  “Label your clips with key words!” Great idea! Except! There is a limit to these keys words in FCPX. Not good! Bc being a Jennifer. …..and  a stupid scientist….who can’t limit herself …..EVER!!! to few words!!! (Note to self….next New Years add…”Limit Words”) (Note to all: I fully admit that the word issue might actually not be a scientist thing….but ….dare I say it….a Jennifer thing).

F it! Abandon FCPX stupid key stupid words! Get out EXCEL. Who will judge me? Who? The cat? I rest my case! Excel wins!

PSS. Anyone but me ever worried about overdosing on almonds? Yeah…no…I knew I would be alone on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment