Saturday, February 14, 2015

Does Fred Flinstone live here?

So I arrive in my favorite hotel in Khulna where I know I will have to deal with the normal hotel conditions. Clean… but…well. It’s not Kansas. And for god sake why would we want to be in Kansas! (sorry Kansasan’s). Anyway, I don’t care bc I know the staff here, I know they will watch out for me…and that is worth its weight in gold. So….


I get to my room, and lay down on…thump… …?........Did I lay on the floor? No. no…that’s not a floor. I know because I hit it about 2 feet before the floor. So in theory…this would be what we would call …..a bed….but it appears to have a mattress made of…stone? WTF? Why raise stone above the ground to lay on…when it was perfectly good stone when a part of the ground? I am perplexed by this! Me and my ahole first world problems. I actually have the gaul to go to the front desk and ask….if they have…softer beds? I get the look. The
Wilma Flinstone is fine with rock bed. 
look that says…..um…American…(yea that’s right…there is a look that uses that term…American)….. American…let me give you no more words…but I will communicate instead with my eyes. …..Hmmm…Lets see..Yep!..Got it! I go now. Sleep on rock. Who doesn’t like rock? I mean like..please…

No comments:

Post a Comment