Saturday, March 14, 2015

Unrest Anyone? Anyone?


A major part of the story I am trying to tell is the fact that the political instability in the countries of my characters has a direct impact on their ability to effectively carry out their work. What do I mean by….instability? Well…things that cause people to stop traveling. For example, road bombs or malatove cocktails (depending on the country). Boom! Highly effective.
 
Incredible misuse of champagne. And in this one 
instance I am actually not trying to be funny. 
(Image Source: www.officialpsds.com)

Trip number one, 2013…strikes were undergoing in both Nepal and Bangladesh. And what did I do? I avoided them. I AVOIDED THEM! WTF was I thinking? I cannot answer this. All I know…is that….obvious brain activity was at a serious low point. BC THIS WAS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT B ROLL AND I MISSED IT!

Ok. Calm… calm….drink more wine…everything will be fine. Sigh……

Trip number two. Not that I would ever wish for….but…I of course I wonder if there will be any political instability this trip…now that I have noted the ridiculous miss of potential important b roll last trip. So this search….becomes a new part of my daily routine. And believe or not…some protests are actually listed in the paper!

So….Today is a really good day to spend hunting unrest because my characters are busy working with assessing damage from the oil spill. But today nothing is posted in the paper….not very promising. So …what to do? Maybe go check one of the political party headquarters? Yes! Great idea!

What’s going on there? Reporters are
Yawn. (Photo: JLewis)
everywhere…aimed and ready for………
Crickets…….Yawn…Absolutely nothing. Boring. Ok. Moving on. What else is happening in the city? Wait Wait!! What is this? A hunger protest! Maybe this is something? Ok. So what goes on in a hunger protest?…..NOTHING! Sitting….and starving silently and quietly! (Please don’t be offended CAT…I am creating humor…not poking fun at starvation).

Moving on….One last try. Heading to other political party headquarters. Wait! Wait!…. there….there are MASSES…and BANNERS and CHANTING and MOVEMENT! We start to film! FILM FILM FILM!!!

I believe there is action....occurring. (Photo: JLewis)

Wait....What? What did you say trusted production assistant? Oh…recently arrested another obvious foreigner filming?….right here?….Do we have a permit? Permit? We should what? …Go?…Leave now? now?....NOW! :)

(Photo: JLewis...Oh Dear...Hi? :))



No comments:

Post a Comment