Friday, July 31, 2015

Sucra?

I am now back in Nepal and have to travel far west to where my character is and his family. And to get there I have two options. Well…I suppose I could say three or four if you count horse….or foot…..but lets talk logically. :)  So the choices ARE……plane or bus. Plane or bus. Plane…..or …..bus.


Last time I visited, I opted plane. 
Why bus is shit choice?
http://dolphindocu.blogspot.com/2014/01/advice.html


Mine? Mine bus?
This time the flights within country were much pricier. So I had no choice. Bus. Fuck. Where did I put my will? Ok. Fine. Thanks to super awesome help of Gopal’s friends in Kathmandu, I get my ticket, I get to the bus depot, and most most MOST importantly…..I get on the right bus. :) They tell the girl next to me….to watch out for me. And off we go! 


It is an all night ride. Through switch backs,  through the mountains….with zero guard rails…at speed….IN THE FOG! This is EXACTLY why they said 30% chance of death! Yep.

FUN? F NO!

So how do they keep us calm? Bollywood

The quintessential Bollywood dance sequence. 


I did not know what they were saying but I totally understood the film…Twin men…One kinda bad……one kinda good…crazy insane girl tries to kill girlfriend…and…and….and THEN WE DANCE! :) Too bad is only 2.5 hours of a …like 9 hour trip. Ok. Fine. The night goes like this…close eyes…everything is fine…bump bump…open eyes…EDGE!

We go trekking along and I finally fall asleep at about 4 am.  Then they stop and wake me up.  They all say Sucra. Sucra? The girl next to me says…”You want Sucra?” I think….TEA? is that what they are asking? Um…yes…Tea good. I say Yes.

Sucra?

She says “then you have to get off bus.” Ok. I get off bus. So I start to walk towards the little village shop with maybe tea….and then I think…...HEY. Isn’t it weird that in a country of tea drinkers….that NO ONE else is wanting tea but me? Yeah…and then…….Isn’t it weird that I hear the bus engine starting up again?..... And then as I turn around….Isn’t is weird that my bags are here on the curb and the bus is driving away…..from me. :( …….Yeah. ….F……. I wonder what the name of this village is? And if it starts with an S and ends with an a?


Now what? Well…Sigh…….Maybe I should get some tea? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment