Friday, February 7, 2014

Issues…yeah….that seems like a good title

Wifi is tricky

So….while I LOVE this lodge where we are staying (see tomorrows blog)…I am learning…that to get wifi…in Asia….can be tricky….BUT IT CAN BE HAD!

Here the router is on the bar (favorite Jennifer location), and is plugged into a
power strip…the only power strip for maybe …I dunno…a million miles. But anyway…So this power strip is in a location where the generator can reach (thank god bc that is not everywhere in this lodge).  And we need the generator every night here. This is normal in Nepal, India, Bangladesh….all locations. Lights out at night…and sometimes also at day. What sucks is that all lodge people must fight for this strip to repower our cells and our laptops….OK…..that would only be me and Gopal and the children of the lodge owner, and the one Americanish couple who are afraid of …..everything…. and probably teach English (I know! I am sorry….but…well…yeah)… Everyone else here is over the top granola (which is fine…no judgment) and has no need for electric things anymore.

So the wifi router is plugged into this strip, but anytime someone uses the strip the router plug gets bumped a smidgeon and gets half way in half way out of the outlet and dies…Bye bye internet. ….Argh….and then maybe because of upcoming strikes…..and a need to “control the people” cell towers go down too. Great! I will discuss more about the strikes soon.

Please don’t tell me now! (stories revealed but not on film)

I have no idea how the hell to avoid this issue…but as I am sure everyone

who has attempted to “hang” with your characters knows…they ALWAYS say the best shit when you hit the damn off button!! Gopal is absolutely no exception. OMG!!!! It is driving me bananas! Put camera away…zip last zipper and BANG!!! Gold spills out of his damn mouth! Later on….my very last subject was also very good at this…so whenever he would start to talk when I had my camera in my bag and I thought he was going to start something good I would just yell NO! Lets talk about….concrete….and I dunno the muppet show. Did you like the muppet show? If you were going to be a flower….what flower would you be? Hey did you see the size of that pig? …..get it to banal talk…No serious shit! GDamnit! Yes you Subhasis! You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment