Friday, February 14, 2014

Some “travelers” are wusses

Warning….this post veers far away from comedy

Yes….I know….I was being…wussy with my river trek “breakdown”. BUT…I am here…ALONE! Must I say anything else? Ok…yes..,I have had some …..beer…but ….anyway….

So…I am sitting in the ….center gathering area in the lodge for dinner and there is this ….couple…Ok. So I should state…they are fine people. They even helped Gopal figure out some stuff on his computer. BUT…they tell me… not to go to Bangladesh or India. WTF? They have been to India…for like …a minute…and hated it…and have heard….Bangladesh…WAY worse. They think I should…..um….avoid.

Ok. So ..here comes a spoiler alert….Bangladesh and India….were simply over the top amazing!! I tell you what. If you….travel like a tourist…well….you will be treated like a tourist. If you travel with the locals working to really understand the place and its people….you will have the most amazing adventures. EVER! Your choice. People everywhere…I know this will shock…ARE GOOD! And want to do right by you! Yes. Most of the people on this planet! Muslim, Hindu…Catholic, Baptist, Mormon, athesist…etc. I traveled in some of the …ok multiple places….um …where…the US had warned not the travel…. And…I met the most…amazing …incredibly giving…hard working…people…with the most incredible souls I have ever encountered. If there is one thing I have learned from this journey….it is that….fear will do nothing good for you. When you learn to let this go…………..you can open yourself to gain everything……….Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment