Saturday, April 5, 2014

How I got these scarves? And tea....

I was walking around the edge of the market in Jodpur….when I came to a shop….and
Street in Jodhpur, India (Photo: JLewis)
this guy says the usual to the only white person for ….ever…..where are you from? Please come and sit and have some tea with me…..which I think….being the Jennifer that I am which has the brain kind of like probably what pooh bear has…..I think….ok….that would be great! Not noticing DUH!….What is is this place…ummm….a TEA SHOP!

So…guess what Jennifer will be purchasing in a minute. Ok. Fine…. Tea shop. I give in. But after we have tea….and some conversation….I think he has decided that this is a good target person…..for selling stuff…..that I don’t need….and I should be shared with friends. So. He says…HEY! Since we are all buddies now and everything….I have to show you this amazing textile place down the road! I tell him…ummmm…. No….I don’t want any textiles….So he says…That is fine! It is just a beautiful place to walk around and look at. Makes it sound like a nice quiet museum….And being pooh bear….I say…Oh…OK. That seems like it would be nice. JENNIFER!!!! GDMIT. I know….I even get exasperated with me. So off we go down the road and into this other store….where….he leads me to a back door….yes….and then he heads down some dark stairs……………..I pause because I want to allow you to guess what pooh bear did. And that maybe you might even think….maybe she won’t go …..down……there. Maybe.

(Pretty huh? Says poo bear. Photo: JLewis)
Of course I f’ing did. BUT…in my defense….I said out loud…while I walked down the steps…”Um…Yeah this is definitely sketchy….and I am probably getting ready to be murdered.” Sometimes I think if I say shit like that out loud…it might somehow do something….like upset the element of surprise? And the predator will think shit….how much fun will it be to kill her now? Now that she KNOWS! Yeah…I know…probably not the best defense…possible. But Guess what? I AM STILL ALIVE!!!! So HA!!! Maybe it does work?!!


So we get to this tiny room which is ….covered in textiles and he leaves me with the owner. I say to them immediately….please don’t waste your time…I don’t want to buy anything….he just brought me here to look….and……………yeah……………………………I left with two scarves.

2 comments:

  1. I fully believe that saying that phrase out loud definitely ensures your safety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than k you Jacqueline! I am a firm believer! Ruin the element of surprise….then how much fun is really left in an attack? :)

      Delete