Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Um…you’ve still got a friend!

Ok. So…this morning the cleaning kids come to my room….they come in pairs….and they are young…so they are considered officially kids… …anyway.
Yeah….I was totally reading that paper! (Photo: JLewis)
So they have my door open while cleaning my room and….guess who thinks this means open invitation?
Yep…my old buddy……just walks in …starts with the creepy smile and stares. Great! So I say…”um…you should go” ….and I point at the door. He ignores this. Never would have guessed that outcome! And continues to stare. So I motion for one of the cleaning kids to get him out. They have absolutely no idea what I am saying and just keep on ….cleaning. I want to shout…”HEY! Believe me you want to get this guy out or the mess will suck ….a lot more….probably!”
Again I am faced with the dilemma of my gear vs. me. I Know! I Know! Really Jennifer? Your gear?  YES!… I cannot get this far and have him steal all my shit…which OF COURSE is strewn all over my bed because I was just re-packing for the days work!

I grab the phone….and of course no one speaks English….so I dial the only number I know….room service and say again and again…Manager 201….Manager 201. I just keep saying it….and finally I think they….might get it….And …it seems ….creepy guy got it also….for when I turn around…he is gone. Whew!

I then hear someone getting blasted verbally in the hall. Someone then phones me to let me know that….now get this….this guy just made a mistake and went into the wrong room. AND!....That he is another guest who is…….GREAT!!!! ……..Staying across the hall from me!!


The phone then again rings….and all I get is hello….hellooo….. Great! Now he knows my number. Or just learned how to use a phone. Even more great. Well this is a nice start to the day. Note to self….if it is even possible ….look more like a man next trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment