Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Maybe….just maybe…I can do this……Yeah right!

The first magic class..sort of

Today I got out to my first foray about docu’s. A local screening review…which is I have to say….super cool!. Tons of local film makers show up…they watch your almost done docu and give you feedback! LOVE!

So tonight there are two films to look at. Number two…was….about…musicians…local musicians…with waaayyyy too much film of them playing…...playing way back when….playing last week….playing in bar blah blah…playing at Bob’s house…playing at Jim’s aunts place….so….Watching this made me think 1) Ok…I can do better than this
  2) God I pray I can do better than this! and 3)…Man If I sneak out now (yes…they are still playing) …I might be able to catch the next metro in time to download and watch one more episode of Breaking Bad!

Buying a camera….How hard could that be? :) :(

Ok. So..Which camera to get where I can get the best footage and not be captured by …..police. Because…Ok. Saving that for in person conversations. Don’t worry Aunt Sissie!!! I am fine. :)

So based on the above …um….hidden needs…I must go with SLR…which stands for…Sure…Left then Right (no it does not…I have no idea what it stands for. …but saying SLR does make me sound all professional doesn’t it?).

Good news…these….. eh.hmmm….. SLR’s take unbelievable  footage! Bad news….I have soo much to learn!!!!! :( With about 3 hours of sleep now…it is 10 am. Well…here is what happened…as I progressed through last night.

Ok. How long is video per card? (have to put film on something..i.e…memory card would be a good choice…I mean vs. a chalk board….or in the sand…right? I know…not funniest…lack of sleep…give me break). 

Anyway. so….searching internet….what is this I just read? ….Raw film footage? Hmm…. Tons of buzz…everybody loves it….let’s look at example clips….HOLY MF GOD!!! Yeah…I am going to cry if I cannot have that! How do you get it.????Not part of camera….:(….must get extra downloads for? Ok…so what?....next video….Lets see what he says…..What? Be careful how you load this extra stuff bc it could kill your camera…. He then laughs….What? …..Ok…..So Searching more about raw…..everyone afraid…..but many have tried and succeeded. Soo…ok…now what? How long can you shoot with raw? Should you do it with mark ii or iii? …side track…audio….if you plug this bit into that bit….but make sure you have wire x….oh and here is how to build a …house….no….what…where was I ? What question did I start with? OMG I NEED SLEEP!

Every web page…leads me to another….and another….usually getting me further and further off track… the more you learn it turns out….the more you realize how MUCH MORE you still need to know and that you don’t know. And….And…… I should…..take a shower. Still no camera decision made…..but swear to god I will pull this GD trigger this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment